Request for Qualifications: For Architectural Services All-Hazards Station #1 Remodel
MEDINA COUNTY OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND HOMELAND SECURITY
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES
ALL-HAZARDS STATION #1 REMODEL
The Medina County Emergency Management Agency (MCEMA) is seeking an architect to facilitate the expansion and renovation of the MCEMA All-Hazards Station #1 building. The existing facility consists of approximately 4,400 square feet of space. MCEMA intends to add a second-floor training room and expand on two existing apparatus bays. Preparation of bid specifications and coordination of the bidding process for MCEMA will be required.
Three copies of the Statement of Qualifications should be clearly marked “RFQ-Medina All-Hazards Station #1” and submitted to: Christina Fozio, MCEMA Director, 5834 Heather Hedge Drive, Chippewa Lake, OH 44215 no later than 4:00 p.m. on April 30, 2021.
The following are the primary evaluation considerations that MCEMA plans to utilize in selection of the best qualified firm. Selection is subjective in many areas and the decision of the MCEMA selection committee will be final and not subject to re-evaluation by firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications.
I. General Firm Information –
- A. Cover Letter
▪ A brief statement of interest in the project.
▪ Include name, title, email address and phone number of the principal contact person.
▪ Qualification highlights and respondent’s ability to perform the project services.
- B. Company Overview
▪ Include firm name, business address, and phone number of the office where the primary personnel assigned to the project will be based.
▪ Include years of existence, legal form of firm, general firm history.
▪ Firm’s liability insurance certificate.
▪ Include length of time principals have been with firm.
▪ Brief statement of the consultant’s background, demonstrating longevity and financial stability.
- C. Project Team
▪ Identify the designated project manager and include a resume for this individual outlining their qualifications.
▪ For each key person provide a summary of relevant professional qualifications, relevant project experience, and education.
▪ Provide an Organization Chart for the project team.
▪ For tasks that will be subcontracted include the information on the sub‐contracted firm requested in “B” (above) and the resumes of the firm’s key personnel that will be on the project team.
▪ How long has the project team worked together, list past projects and describe project roles.
II. Related Experience
- A. Include a one or two-page project description that demonstrates capabilities with similar projects completed; or other similar government projects completed by the project team.
- B. Include the name, address, and phone number of the responsible official who may be contacted.
III. Project Approach
- A. Describe the firms’ approach to working with public clients, including methods of communication and cooperation.
- B. Describe your approach to community focused design.
- C. Describe the firm’s success in meeting budgets, schedules, and deadlines.
IV. Capacity to Perform Work
- A. Outline the firm’s current workload and ability to utilize full time staff to complete the work.
IV. Proximity to the Site
- A. Distance of the firm’s office from the project site.
- B. Previous work in the general geographic area.
- C. Outline past projects completed for Medina County.
Interested firms are encouraged to contact Christina Fozio, MCEMA Director, 5834 Heather Hedge Drive, Chippewa Lake, OH 44215 (330) 722-9240, in order to obtain more specific project information. Statements of qualifications should also be transmitted to the aforementioned individuals:
Medina County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
Conrad Sarnowski-EMA Executive Board Chairperson
All-Hazards Station #1
5834 Heather Hedge Drive
Chippewa Lake, OH 44215
Download RFQ Public Announcement