INVITATION TO BID
PROJECT: HINCKLEY WWTP HEADWORKS IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
SEALED BIDS WILL BE RECEIVED AT:
791 W. SMITH ROAD, MEDINA, OHIO, 44256 (SOUTH ENTRANCE)
UNTIL: NOVEMBER 16TH, 2023 AT 1:30 PM
Separate sealed bids for the construction of the HINCKLEY WWTP HEADWORKS IMPROVEMENT PROJECT will be received by the Medina County Sanitary Engineer, Medina County, Ohio at their office located at 791 W. Smith Road, Medina, Ohio, 44256 (south entrance) until 1:30 P.M. eastern standard time on Thursday, November 16th, 2023 at which time said bids will be opened and publicly read aloud.
Specifications and contract documents are available at the ARC Document Solutions Website. Contract documents will cost approximately $150.00 for a digital set and $344 for a hard copy, none of which will be refunded. Electronic Copies of the Bid Documents can be obtained at the following website:
The estimated construction costs for this project is:
A. Overall project requirements:
- Should a question arise at any time during the examination of Bid Documents or investigation of the site the Bidder may seek clarification by submitting a Pre-bid Question. Submit all Pre-bid Questions in writing to the engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit Pre-bid questions is Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time. Please see
General Information, Section 102, for more detailed information.
- The contract completion date is 12 months from the Notice to Proceed.
- All prospective BIDDERS, CONTRACTORS and other interested parties are invited to attend an optional pre-bid meeting at the Hinckley WWTP, 85 Ridge Rd, Hinckley, OH 44233 at 10:00 a.m., Thursday, November 2nd, 2023.
- Each bid must be accompanied by a Bid Guaranty, payable to the owner in an approved form.
- Each Proposal must contain the full name of the party or parties submitting the proposal and all persons interested therein. Each bidder must submit evidence of its experiences on projects of similar size and complexity.
- Attention is called to the prevailing rates of wages to be paid for labor on public improvements in Medina County, Ohio, ascertained by the Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Labor & Worker Safety.
- We are advised that materials to be incorporated in this work may be purchased by the CONTRACTOR free of Ohio State Sales Tax.
- CONTRACTOR’S bidding on this project should be thoroughly familiar with the specifications and practices of this department.
- The Board of County Commissioners reserve the right to reject any and all bids, or to increase, decrease or omit any item or items and/or to award to the lowest and best bidder.
- This notice may be viewed on the Medina County website at medinaco.org or www.medinaco.org/sanitary/.
Board of Medina County Commissioners
Stephen D. Hambley
Aaron M. Harrison