Medina County Board of Elections
System Administrator – Democratic or Nonpartisan (Full-Time)
The Medina County Board of Elections seeks a full-time System Administrator with Democratic Party affiliation or of Nonpartisan affiliation for their office located at 3800 Stonegate Drive Suite C, Medina, OH.
Responsible for planning and implementing tasks related to the support services for the Board of Elections per standards set by the Ohio Secretary of State and the schedule defined in the Medina County Board of Elections calendar.
- Ability to work with the Board of Elections’ Directors, Elections Administrator, and staff to set up and run elections. As well as communicating to the public and working with vendors.
- Responsible for complete IT environment, election-critical servers and networking infrastructure.
- Must be willing to openly and frequently communicate, train and collaborate with all members of the Board of Elections, Secretary of State and support/technical vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring physical security of the Board of Elections office and staff through policy, access point management, and maintaining the 24/7 surveillance system.
- Responsible for understanding, meeting, and reporting all Secretary of State Security Requirements, coordination of research, testing, reaching, and reporting desired outcomes.
- Ability to adapt to stressful and emergency situations and events and at all times conduct self in a professional, calm and thoughtful manner.
- Active directory domain administration, with a focus on security, redundancy, disaster recovery and best practices.
- Maintains and documents the inventory of equipment, software, hardware and life cycles.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters.
- Helps to manage the Medina County Board of Elections social media accounts.
- Oversees and assists the electronic poll book process.
- Election Day helpdesk – Assist with inbound technical calls on Election Day and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Communicates and trains the IT Clerks, and collaborates with the Elections Administrator when needed.
The successful candidate must enjoy working with the public in-person, on the phone and in the voting room; and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and the ability to organize, plan, and manage tasks is essential. The candidate will maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the public, and contractors.
Medina County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The selected candidate must pass a background check and a drug screening. There is a 90-day probationary period for this job position. The selected candidate will be trained to perform their duties.
Schedule: 40 hours a week. Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Plus increased hours during the election cycle, including some required Saturdays and Sundays.
Annual Pay Range: $68,000 – $85,500 commensurate with experience
Qualifications: Must be a registered elector in the state of Ohio with Democratic Party affiliation or of Nonpartisan affiliation. Must have a high school diploma or GED. College level education is preferred. Microsoft Office and computer experience essential. Networking support experience essential. Active directory domain management, vulnerability remediation, and hardening systems experience preferred. Preference may be given to applicants with knowledge and experience in elections.
Please submit the following documents: a cover letter listing salary requirements, resume and Medina County Employment Application. To ensure consideration, submit all documents via email or mail:
Medina County Board of Elections
PO Box 506
Medina OH 44258