Information Technology Department
Director (Full-Time – Exempt)
The Medina County Board of Commissioners is seeking a full-time Director for their Information Technology Department.
- Develop technical strategies and standards for managing our technical infrastructure, ensuring optimal uptime, security, and growth needs are addressed.
- Ensure the leveraging of current systems to full potential for benefit of County and employee experience.
- Oversee plans for disaster recovery and failover for network and all systems.
- Forecast, determine and implement short and long term goals for department and County needs, plan hardware upgrades, system version updates, and department alignment with County technology requirements by providing a living 5 year plan for the support of County technology.
- Train team to prioritize tasks, manage time and coordinate work to operate efficiently and cost effectively.
- Maintain positive working relationships with support vendors and employees.
- Plan for technical staff training and professional development.
- Prepare, monitor and evaluate department budgets and financial reports.
- Manage support contracts and provide approval on all invoices for support and hardware.
- Set department guidelines and policies.
- Make recommendations; submit proposals including financial forecasting for immediate and future projects.
- Collaborate with other County leadership to ensure that Technical Services is meeting requirements, aware of issues and road blocks, and provide timely technical solutions.
- Identify needs and coordinate training for County end users to maintain a high level of technology proficiency.
- Understand and promote County compliance and security policies, ensuring employee and County data.
- Participate in County work groups to understand and guide the inclusion of technical components and stay current with technology issues.
10+ years’ experience Management, in areas such as and not limited to Managed Services business, Network Operations, Computer Networking, Networking Engineering, Network Management services.
Demonstrate the ability to work within the financial goals of the County and provide exceptional service.
Ability to manage difficult conversations and customers.
Broad Knowledge on Computer Networking with Network Engineering & Design, Network Deployment, Network Maintenance, Voice, VOIP, IP Telephony, Unified Communications, and Telecom.
Demonstrated ability at writing proposals, calculating financial costs and responding to RFPs/RFQs.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm, additional hours and on-call availability based on needs of departments.
Medical Insurance, Retirement Contributions, sick time, paid holidays and vacation earned after 1 year of employment.
Apply at or send resume to:
Medina County Human Resources, Attn: DIT
144 North Broadway Street, Room 206
Medina, OH 44256
Medina County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The selected candidate must pass a background check and drug screen.