Board of Elections
Clerk (Full-Time) (Republican)
The Medina County Board of Elections seeks a full-time Clerk with Republican Party affiliation for their office located at 3800 Stonegate Drive Suite C, Medina, OH.
Responsible for planning and implementing tasks related to the support services for the Board of Elections per standards set by the Ohio Secretary of State and the schedule defined in the Medina County Board of Elections calendar.
• Precinct Election Officials recruitment, management, training, database maintenance and organization
• Campaign Finance duties as needed
• Local Liquor Option procedures
• Assist with maintenance of the voter registration database
• Train and coordinate part-time staff
• Provide Election Day support
• Assist with Official Election Results – provisional processing, voter history accounting and report preparations
• Assist with election recounts and audits
• Public and vendor interactions/inquiries via phone, in-person, email and fax
• Fulfilling public record requests
• Maintain database of Elected Officials and Questions & Issues
• Assist Candidates and Elected Officials
• Process petitions – pulling, filing and verification
• Maintain records of elections (ballot items, precincts, maps, etc.)
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Directors
The successful candidate must enjoy working with the public in-person, on the phone and in the voting room; and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and the ability to organize, plan, and manage tasks is essential. The candidate will maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the public, and contractors.
Medina County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The selected candidate must pass a background check and a drug screening. There is a 90-day probationary period for this job position. The selected candidate will be trained to perform their duties.
Schedule: 40 hours a week. Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Plus increased hours during the election cycle, including some required Saturdays and Sundays.
Qualifications: Must be a registered elector in the state of Ohio with Republican Party affiliation. Must have a high school diploma or GED. College level education is preferred. Microsoft Office and computer experience essential. Some college coursework preferred. Preference may be given to applicants with knowledge and experience in elections.
Please submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume and Medina County Employment Application.
To ensure consideration, submit all materials to:
Medina County Board of Elections
PO Box 506
Medina OH 44258